THERAPLAY CANADA INFO SESSION
Join Lorie Walton, Executive Director of Theraplay Canada on
Tuesday April 6, 2020 ~ 12:00 EST
TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
RE Individual and Group Supervision, Certification, Theraplay tools and strategies or ???
Welcome THERAPLAY CANADA®!
We are pleased and excited to announce that Canada now has a Theraplay franchise!!
Lorie Walton, is the new Executive Director of Theraplay Canada. She is an Ontario Registered Psychotherapist, Certified Theraplay Trainer and Supervisor, Certified Play Therapist Supervisor and owner of Family First Play Therapy Centre. Lorie has been part of the Theraplay and Play Therapy community for over 20 years. She has a vast amount of clinical, supervisory, board and business experience and is excited to formally manage Canada’s first Theraplay franchise.
What are the objectives for this franchise?
- To spread the word of Theraplay and offer consistent professional evidence based training to Mental Health practitioners across Canada, through recognition of the unique cultural diversities and vast differences within each Canadian community.
- To develop a sustainable financial franchise model to successfully grow Theraplay within Canada and also for the success of the Theraplay Institute.
- To develop future Theraplay leaders within Canada to ensure Theraplay’s growth and sustainability, which reflect Canadian culture and values.
What does this mean for practitioners?
- Canadian Mental Health practitioners can receive training, supervision and certification managed with Canadian funds and supported by a Canadian office.
- All Canadian activities regarding membership records, files, supervision, training, mentorship, and certification will be navigated through the Theraplay Canada office.
- The Theraplay Institute has directed that all trainings within Canada (Introduction to Theraplay and MIM, Sunshine Circles, Group Theraplay and Intermediate Theraplay) will be arranged via Theraplay Canada. If interested in hosting a Theraplay training of any kind, contact [email protected] or call (647) 210-7595 for more information.
- Canada has many fantastic Independent Theraplay Supervisors and practicum students can continue to receive supervision from them. Practicum students that do not yet have a Theraplay Supervisor, will be able to be assigned to one by Theraplay Canada.
Members and Supervisors – watch your inbox for a personalized notification about Theraplay Canada